Friday, May 22, 2015

Behind the Scenes: Nicole Nolan


OHA is very lucky to be located on an island chock-full of talented, involved students. They take part in our educational program, they shine on our stage and they work behind our counters.

Deer Isle-Stonington High School junior Nicole Nolan has performed in three shows at the Opera House — Men’s Lives, R&J&Z, and Romeo and Juliet. Not to mention that Nicole is one of our wonderful Assistant House Managers, has been an OHA intern two summers running and is about to embark on her third. Today she’s here to fill us in on a few more details….

Nicole in last summer’s production of Romeo & Juliet.

1. What’s your favorite part about growing up in Stonington?


Growing up here, there isn’t a lot to do, so I had to find ways to not be bored. I spent most of my time with my family because they all live on the island. That was my favorite part about growing up on the island because I could see my family when ever I wanted to, particularly my grandmother who lived across the road from me.

2. What one word would your friends use to describe you?

Crazy.

3. If you were a cartoon character, which cartoon character would you be?



I would be Yogi Bear because I would love to eat all the food he finds in those pic-i-nic baskets.

4. When did you fall in love with theater?

I loved theater all through out elementary school, but I fell in love with it after 2 years of working at the Opera House. I was around people who shared the same passion as myself, and I’d never had that before.


Nicole is currently directing the student-run “Our Own” Staged Community Playreading of columbinus. Come out and support our amazing students next Wednesday, May 27 and Thursday, May 28 at 7pm!

Look for Nicole on stage again this summer as Lady Anne Page in The Merry Wives of Windsor, directed by Jeffrey Frace.

No comments:

Post a Comment