Friday, May 8, 2015

Behind the Scenes: Pam Getto


Whether you’ve hung out with her in OHA’s box office or seen her on stage at either the Opera House or in her many Cabin Fever roles, if you’re a lover of theater on the island, you know Pam Getto. Today, however, we offer you the special chance to find out what cartoon hybrid she would be. As well as why her elevator wouldn’t be all that crowded….


1. Where did you grow up?

Stonington, Maine. It was a great place to grow up, very safe. All my family was here. My mother’s the oldest of 12, so I had a lot of cousins and family around all the time, which was great. And you go to school with the same 30 kids through high school, so you’re all like one big, happy family. Most of the time.

2. How would your elementary school classmates remember you?

I was never shy. I was never quiet. I was very bossy. Who would believe it? They’re all still living here, so you could ask them.

3. Name four fictional characters with whom you’d be okay being stuck in an elevator. Why them?

Don Draper from Mad Men. And no one else. It would be weird if there was anyone else in there with us. Nudge, nudge. Wink, Wink. But he couldn’t smoke in there.

4. If you were a cartoon character, which cartoon character would you be?



Marge Simpson mixed with Jane Jetson mixed with Jessie.

5. When did you fall in love with theater?


I always have been. I love being on stage. I was always fighting to have the solo in the chorus, but since I was the only one who wanted it, that was pretty easy. And then I was in a commercial in third grade. I got to see the whole process. So then all that summer I directed my brother and cousins in “commercials.” I just fell in love with it.


You can catch up with Pam this weekend at While We Were Young, or visit her during the week in the box office and find out about our upcoming summer season!

No comments:

Post a Comment